VRML changing in time(?)

Tim Hutton T.Hutton at eastman.ucl.ac.uk
Thu May 18 05:03:05 EDT 2000

That'll be a 3d animation. I would love to see some support in vtk for this
kind of thing, for visualising a simulation for example. Are play, pause,
rewind buttons plus a time slider too much to ask? Plus the ability to
output the rendered sequence to an avi...?

Would need quite a lot of thought I think, the time-line would have to
consist of a set of transformations for the actors or the geometry, plus
actors being added and removed. Perhaps if the simulation code (or the time
data) could be collected into a fully computed time-line then the vtk
interactor could take over and let the user play with the results.

I've been thinking this would be nice for some time, does anybody else
think this would be useful?

Cheers,

Tim.

Tim Hutton, Research Assistant            Email: T.Hutton at eastman.ucl.ac.uk
MINORI Project                        Permanent: T.Hutton at mail.com
Dental and Medical Informatics     http://www.eastman.ucl.ac.uk/~dmi/MINORI
Eastman Dental Institute, UCL                         Tel: +44 20 7915 2344
256 Gray's Inn Road, London WC1X 8LD, UK              Fax: +44 20 7915 2303
This email represents the views of the sender alone and must not be
construed as representing the views of the Eastman Dental Institute. It may
contain confidential information and may be protected by law as a legally
privileged document and copyright work. Its content should not be disclosed
and it should not be given or copied to anyone other than the person(s)
named or referenced above. If you have received this email in error, please
contact the sender.

"info vtkusers" to the same address.