Print and Print Preview vtkActor2D

pahsieh at usgs.gov pahsieh at usgs.gov
Tue May 9 03:06:44 EDT 2000

> I just take the example "Sample" that comes with vtk 3.1 and build it
with Visual C++ 5.0 under
> windows NT 4.0
> I can see "Hello World" written in white on the bottom left corner of a
black rectangle, but it
> doesn't appear in "print preview" and in "print".
> It doesn't work on NT4.0, but it works on Windows 98.
> How can I fix it, because the trouble is the same for texts on scalar bar
and all other 2D texts ?

I don't have this problem on Windows NT 4.0 SP5, VC++ 6.0, vtk 3.12.
My guess is that somehow the program is not getting the
correct size of the printer page, and therefore the "Hello World"
is clipped. Try using another printer (maybe the one used
by the Windows 98 machine) or modifying the code (OnDraw method)
that calculates the size of the bitmap to be printed.

Good luck.
Paul

"info vtkusers" to the same address.