ScalarRange : Colours etc etc

John Biddiscombe j.biddiscombe at rl.ac.uk
Wed May 3 09:14:42 EDT 2000

If I drop a dataset onto an actor and it looks red/green/blue. Everything
is fine. If I replace the dataset with another one with a different scalar
range (say 0->100 instead of 0->1), the colours invariably go off.

If I have a lookup table set onto a ScalarBar Actor and the same LUT is set
to the actor.....is there some combination of settings that will automatically

Set the actor/mapper scalarrange from 0->1 to 0->100
Tell the lookup table to switch to these values
and be reflected in the scalarbar actor.

Currently I have to tweak all of them by hand, and I'm sure the
functionality I want must be there, but I never quite know who's
scalarrange is in control.

Can anyone shed any light on the matter.

Thanks

John B

"info vtkusers" to the same address.