Visualisation question

Gavin Tabor G.R.Tabor at exeter.ac.uk
Tue May 2 09:42:37 EDT 2000

Hi guys. This is a visualisation, rather than specifically VTK-related
question, although if there is a solution involving VTK so much the
better.

There are various algorithms for contouring : you have data at
specified grid locations, and you generate (in 2-d) a line which
represents all points with a given value.

Question : How would one go the other way? I have a contour line
representing the boundary between two regions. How can I generate
the data set on a set of regular points that would generate this
contour line? (Is there even a unique solution?)

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Gavin

--

Dr. Gavin Tabor
School of Engineering and Computer Science