Redrawing outside viewport on resize

Hank Childs childs at forum.llnl.gov
Mon May 1 17:28:18 EDT 2000

Hello All,

I have a setup where I am only drawing to part of the render window.
When I resize the window the area outside the viewport does not get
redrawn as the background color and still has a portion of the original
image that was previously only inside the viewport.

vtkRenderer       *ren = vtkRenderer::New();
    ren->AddActor(actor);
    ren->SetViewport(0.2, 0.2, 0.8, 0.8);

vtkRenderWindow   *renWin = vtkRenderWindow::New();
    renWin->AddRenderer(ren);

It seems to me that the RenderWindowInteractor should tell the Renderer(s)
to redraw via the RenderWindow whenever the size of the window changes.

Does anybody know of a reason why this isn't a good idea?  I'll send a fix
if this is a legitimate problem.

Also, it would be really nice if there was an archive so I could make sure
the gurus hadn't already addressed this before spamming everybody.

Thanks,
Hank Childs

Hank Childs
MeshTV