XYPlotActor..

K.R.Subramanian krs at zappa.uncc.edu
Mon May 22 00:39:54 EDT 2000

I am trying to use this class and have a few questions.

1) The two positions that specify the plotting rectangle - documentation
says
    it should be in viewport coordinates (I assume 0-1, 0-1). But, on my
render
    window (about 512x512), this appears as tiny plot on the lower left
corner.
    Increasing this to size of window scales this up to the whole
window. I must
    be doing something silly, as I dont see any complaints from the
archives.

2) I have to draw lots and lots of polylines  (parallel coordinates
based visualization)
    and need to have interaction (picking subsets, etc). Is it better to
directly use
    polydata object (Will had this suggestion a while ago - from teh
archives), or
    alternately represent using 1D structured points? Probably not very
space efficient.

3) Is there a way to scale the labels or make them bigger?

4) Is the new site with the archives operational - there was a blurb
about this recently.

Thanks.

    -- krs

--
K.R.Subramanian                           Phone: (704) 547-4872
Department of Computer Science            FAX:   (704) 547-3516
9201 Univ. City Blvd.                     Email: krs at cs.uncc.edu
Charlotte, NC 28223-0001                  WWW: http://www.cs.uncc.edu/~krs