compiling vtk3.1

Ziji Wu wuzj at WPI.EDU
Fri Mar 31 17:31:54 EST 2000

Greetings,

I have a problem to compile vtk3.1 with Tcl/Tk8.3 on an alpha system. I got
libVTKCommon.a, libVTKGraphics.a, etc, basically all the other files before
running into an error message as follows:

/usr/bin/ld:
Unresolved:
matherr
Tcl_CreateInterp
Tk_MainEx
Tcl_Init

I know it is probably something wrong with my Tcl/Tk since 'matherr' is a
function of Tcl/Tk, but I can't figure it out because I compiled everything
under tcl8.3.0/unix with a Makefile I got by running

 ./configure --enable-shared --enable-threads

from the tcl directory.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Another question I have is that can anybody tell me what improvements have
been done on the decimation and smoothing algorithms since vtk2.0?

Thank you very much!

Ziji

"info vtkusers" to the same address.