newbee question

Joey Mukherjee joey at rolaren.space.swri.edu
Wed Mar 29 10:16:57 EST 2000

>My first problem is figuring out how to put the coordinates and attribute
>values into a DataSet or PolyData.
>
>PointSource outputs PolyData, I just can't figure out how to get there with
>my own data.
>
>x-y-z >> vtkPoints >> ????
>attribute-per-point >> ????
>???? + ???? >> DataSet or PolyData >> StructuredDataSet or ImplicitModeller

You're almost there.

x-y-z >> vtkPoints >>             \
                                   - vtkPolyData
attribute-per-point >> vtkScalars /

vtkPoints *points
vtkScalars *scalars

Step 1 with (vtkPolyData var.)->SetPoints (points);
Step 2 with (vtkPolyData var.)->GetPointData()->SetScalars (scalars);

Now you have a vtkPolyData which can go through the pipeline.

Joey

+     Joey Mukherjee                     "I am amused by the simplicity    +
+      joey at swri.org                      of this game.  Bring me your     +
+  http://www.space.swri.edu/~joey        finest meats and cheeses."       +
"info vtkusers" to the same address.