change to UpdateProgress ???

John Biddiscombe j.biddiscombe at rl.ac.uk
Mon Mar 27 05:39:07 EST 2000

Dear all,

I'd like to modify UpdateProgress within vtkProcessObject to support the
passing of a text message...
In many cases I'd like to be able to call

UpdateProgress(0.00,"Building BSP Tree");
loop
  UpdateProgress(.....); // change value
endloop

UpdateProgress(0.50,"Generating shadowed regions");
loop
  UpdateProgress(.....); // change value
endloop

UpdateProgress(0.75,"Computing coverage map");
loop
  UpdateProgress(.....); // change value
endloop

this could also be achieved by the addition of a new
SetProgressMessage("Doing stuff")
call, which could be used within the Execute() method of a filter to
improve user feedback.

Comments ???

John B

"info vtkusers" to the same address.