questions about nightly releases

pahsieh at usgs.gov pahsieh at usgs.gov
Sat Mar 25 16:00:51 EST 2000

I am a bit confused about the nightly releases for Windows
(the "Wintel Pre-Compiled Binaries").

For example, I downloaded and installed vtkNightlyCpp.exe
for March 24. However, the file vtkdll.lib in the folder
C:\Program Files\vtkNightly\lib has a "Modified" time of
3/9/00 9:53 am. This looks identical to the file installed
by the "offical" 3.1 release (vtk31Cpp.exe) which is installed
in C:\Program Files\vtk31\lib.

Similarily, after downloading and installing
vtkNightlyCore.exe, the file vtkdll.dll in the folder
C:\Windows\System has the same modified time.

Would you clarify whether or not these binary releases
are compiled from the nightly source code?

Many thanks and best regards,
Paul

"info vtkusers" to the same address.