New VTK transform classes

Tim Hutton T.Hutton at eastman.ucl.ac.uk
Thu Mar 9 11:29:34 EST 2000

Another addition to the family now, vtkLandmarkTransform (derived from
vtkLinearTransform) computes the best alignment between two sets of
corresponding landmarks, in a least-squares sense. It doesn't distort
objects, just translates, rotates and scales them. Can turn scaling off by
calling SetModeToRigidBody().

Thanks to David for all his help and his good work in revamping the
transform classes.

Tim.

Tim Hutton, Research Assistant            Email: T.Hutton at eastman.ucl.ac.uk
MINORI Project                          Eternal: T.Hutton at mail.com
Dental and Medical Informatics     http://www.eastman.ucl.ac.uk/~dmi/MINORI

Eastman Dental Institute, UCL                    Tel: [+44] (0207) 915 2344
256 Gray's Inn Road, London WC1X 8LD, UK         Fax: [+44] (0207) 915 2303
This email represents the views of the sender alone and must not be
construed as representing the views of the Eastman Dental Institute. It may
contain confidential information and may be protected by law as a legally
privileged document and copyright work. Its content should not be disclosed
and it should not be given or copied to anyone other than the person(s)
named or referenced above. If you have received this email in error, please
contact the sender.

"info vtkusers" to the same address.