newsgroup

Sebastien Barre barre at sic.sp2mi.univ-poitiers.fr
Tue Mar 7 08:54:40 EST 2000

At 16:57 03/03/00 +0100, Jan Stifter a écrit:

>i have a very nice email-program on win32, which does threading of the
>mails. the mail client is called "agent", i can recommend it.

Sadly, it's not free, and it is lacking some nice features, like mailbox
inside folders (inside folder, inside folders, recursively, etc). I've got
*a lot* of mailboxes, for example my VTK folder has 2 folders (GE people :
5 people, Kitware people : 3 people) + 7 other mailboxes. Total : 82
mailboxes, and there is a filter for *each* mailbox. I just can not have
one flat hierarchy of people :(

I've been using Eudora for quite a long time, and it has several features
that are lacking Netscape or Outlook (less bugs, more filtering
capabilities, etc.). Sadly, it does not handle SSL, and does NOT thread
emails correctly (Netscape does without any problem, thus a newsgroup for
netscape users is not that interesting I guess).

But I'm 100% pro a private newsgroup mirror on one of the Kitware computer
:) (or "comp.graphics.api.vtk" like)
--
Sebastien BARRE
IRCOM-SIC, UMR-CNRS 6615 - Université de Poitiers