Structured points to voxels/hexahedrons?

Steve Boyd boyd at kin.ucalgary.ca
Mon Mar 6 18:18:23 EST 2000

Hi,

I'm trying (unsuccessfully) to render an isosurface of my structured
points dataset (read in as scalars,vtkStructuredPoints) so that each
point is treated as a voxel or hexahedron cell.

For example, presently I read in a 5x5x5 test dataset. When I create my
isosurface and view it in wireframe-mode, the image appears to be a
4x4x4 volume because each point is a scalar.  What I'd like to view is a
5x5x5 volume showing each 'voxel'.

I'm guessing that I need to convert my data from a scalar representation
to a 'cell' representation, but I can't figure out how to do this.  Am I
on the right track?

Any help would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Steve