Problem with vtkAppendPolyData

pahsieh at usgs.gov pahsieh at usgs.gov
Mon Mar 6 02:46:35 EST 2000

It appears that vtkAppendPolyData in version 3.1 is not
properly removing input. This is illustrated by the
following test program:

#include "vtkPolyData.h"
#include "vtkAppendPolyData.h"

void main()
{
     vtkPolyData *pd1 = vtkPolyData::New();
     vtkPolyData *pd2 = vtkPolyData::New();
     vtkAppendPolyData *append = vtkAppendPolyData::New();
     append->AddInput(pd1);
     append->AddInput(pd2);
     cout << append->GetNumberOfInputs() << endl;
     append->RemoveInput(pd1);
     cout << append->GetNumberOfInputs() << endl;
}

The output was

2
2

However, if I comment out append->AddInput(pd2), then the
output was

1
0

which is correct.

I am using the "official" (not nightly) release 3.1.
My apology if this has already been fixed. Thanks.

Paul

"info vtkusers" to the same address.