Removing an internal point from Delauney 3D

John Biddiscombe j.biddiscombe at rl.ac.uk
Fri Mar 3 20:15:02 EST 2000

Hello All,

Suppose I have a point cloud which is passed into Delauney3D...I'd like to
remove any tetrahedra that cause any point to be an internal point...this
diagram in 2D may show what I mean

  _________
  |       |  .
  |       |     .
  |       |        .
  |       |           .
  |     A ________________
  |                       |
  |                       |
  |                       |
  |_______________________|

If the 6 points defining the L above were triangulated, point A would become
an internal point. I'd like to triangulate the points, and then remove the
triangle with the dotted edge (in 3D).

I suspect there's an easy way of testing for this as certain filters will
drop out all boundary edges/faces and I'd like to constrain my triangulation
to conform certain restrictions...

At a first guess, One could do something like

Points->Delauney3D->vtkFeatureEdges-> to give surface
is there a vtkFeatureEdges for tetrahedra???

then all points which are in initial data and are not in surface could be
used to find all cells that violate our constraint.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

John B

"info vtkusers" to the same address.