VTK & FLTK !!!

Frank Da Frank.Da at sophia.inria.fr
Wed Mar 1 10:20:47 EST 2000

=   John Shalf and me are proud to introduce you VTK under FLTK.    ==
=                                                                   ==
=  please see http://www-sop.inria.fr/prisme/personnel/da/vtk.html  ==

We propose you to develop your VTK application with a under
really nice Graphic User Interface FLTK. With this, you can
forget Motif and its low level interactivity. You should develop
faster and easier your application, so just try it !!!

You need the VTK, FLTK, and the vtkFlRenderWindow written by
John Shalf, to use my vtkFlWindowInteractor. It should work
on Sun, Linux, SGI, with VTK > 2.4 and FLTK > 1.0.6 ...

here are the URLs:
- for FLTK:
http://fltk.easysw.com/
- for the John Shalf's contribution:
http://infinite-entropy.lbl.gov/VTK/vtkFlRenderWindow/
or on my mirror:
http://www-sop.inria.fr/prisme/personnel/da/vtk.html

For a better use of the vtkFlRenderWindow (by John Shalf), the
vtkFlWindowInteractor allows VTK and FLTK to cooperate together
in the same mainloop.

FLTK events are sent to a special version of vtkXWindowInteractor.
By this way, all functionalities of VTK are really available under
FLTK.

Frank DA.
Tran Kai Frank DA			|e-mail : Frank.Da at sophia.inria.fr
INRIA Sophia-Antipolis, projet PRISME	|Telephone :	+33 4.92.38.78.82
B.P. 93, 2004 Route des Lucioles, 06902	|Fax :		+33 4.92.38.76.43
Sophia-Antipolis Cedex|http://www.inria.fr:/sophia/prisme/personnel/da/
"info vtkusers" to the same address.