vtkGlyph3D

John Biddiscombe j.biddiscombe at rl.ac.uk
Fri Mar 17 09:12:46 EST 2000

Who wrote vtkGlyph3D ?

there is a very dubious memory allocation going on which I'd like to
change, but I'd like to ask the author about it first.

Specifically....
When a list of sources is supplied the total points in ALL sources is
counted up and then the number of points in the input is counted, the
memory for both these is multipled and allocated. I have a list of sources
of 200 polydata objects, but only one of these is ever used per glyph
instance, so I'd like to reduce the memory allocation to numpoints *
max(souce points)
this way there'll always be enough. However there are no comments in the
source and the ptincrement is used later on and I don't want to hose it by
altering the behaviour.

For reference I'm improving my vtkDXFimporter and the BLOCKS section of the
DXF file is used as the glyph source and the INSERTS as the input. each
insert creates one glyph, but the BLOCKS section contains several hundred
objects - hence problems.

ttfn

John B

"info vtkusers" to the same address.