vtkImageResample..

K.R.Subramanian krs at zappa.uncc.edu
Fri Mar 3 01:46:32 EST 2000

I am trying to use vtkImageResample to reduce the resolution of my
image.
I am not quite sure how to retrieve the scalars of the resampled image.

I  am able to use the filter and send it to the ImageViewer and see the
result
without problem. But I need to get the final scalar array of the
resampled image, as
it goes to another part of the application.

I assumed that the scalar output of the vtkImageResample would have the
right
scalar array containing the resampled image. For instance, if I resample
by (0.5,0.5,1),
then I expect half the number of scalars in the output scalars array.  I
am getting
a distorted image in this case. Is it possible that the output array is
of the same
size, but that I need to subsample  (in the above case, by getting every
other scalar value)?

    -- krs

--
K.R.Subramanian                           Phone: (704) 547-4872
Department of Computer Science            FAX:   (704) 547-3516
9201 Univ. City Blvd.                     Email: krs at cs.uncc.edu
Charlotte, NC 28223-0001                  WWW: http://www.cs.uncc.edu/~krs