[vtkusers] gui for vtk in tcltk (VisuSimple)

David E. Jones jonesde at rainbow.es.dupont.com
Thu Jun 29 14:50:24 EDT 2000

Roland Becker wrote:

> Dear friends of vtk !
>
> I would like to announce the existence of a small gui written in TclTk
> only.
> It is really a preleminary version with restricted abilities, but I hope
> it is useful for
> somebody of you. The page is:
>
> http://gaia.iwr.uni-heidelberg.de/~roland/VisuSimpleDist/visusimple.html
>
> Any comments and suggestions are welcome,
>
> Roland
>
> --
> Roland BECKER, Institut fuer Angewandte Mathematik
> INF 294, Universitaet Heidelberg, D-69120 Heidelberg
> Tel.: (0)6221-545714
> http://gaia.iwr.uni-heidelberg.de/~roland

Your gui is very nice.  However you may have done something which
could lead to problems.  On page 303 of the new vtk 3.1 User's
Guide it's stated that you should not use the vtkTkWidget classes
and interactor classes such as vtkRenderWindowInteractor at the
same time.  If this isn't true I'd like to know since it could
potentially solve a problem I'm having.

I'd like to use both vtkTkRenderWidget and vtkInteractorStyle
in the same tcl program.  Can Kitware or others clarify if this
is OK or not ?

Thanks,
Dave

--