[vtkusers] nvidia GeForce/GeForce2 cards with RedHat 6.2and vtk

Sebastien BARRE seb-ml-a at barre.nom.fr
Tue Jun 27 08:35:42 EDT 2000

At 17:46 26/06/00 +0200, Carlos Manzanares a écrit:
>Hi, i'll try to make it clearer...

[...]

>I am talking about the Silicon Graphics 230 Visual Workstation with VPro
>Graphics (VPro is the
>commercial name from SGI for this graphic set).

OK, I see, we were not talking about the same computer, as John Shalf wrote
also. I'm using a 320, the core IS different, it uses Cobalt, and that's
the reason it much faster than a GeForce (and I guess it will remain
faster), and will always have more memory for textures (I do have 512
RAM).. But as we all know, the 320 and 540 workstations are ended, which is
too bad, these were great but expensive computers. Well, I'm quite happy to
have a kind of "collector computer" :), but I won't be happy very long as I
do not know if they plan to release updated drivers or OS'ses for the
320/540 (Windows 2000, NT 5, etc.).