[vtkusers] about MPI & vtk

Charles Law charles.law at kitware.com
Mon Jun 26 08:30:44 EDT 2000

At 01:32 PM 6/23/00 -0700, Naveen Kumar Polapally wrote:
>hi,
>
>Can some one tell me how I can use vtkMPIController and some related files
>in the contrib directory.When I compile vtk with mpi options even then
>these files don't seem  to compile in the first place.

You have to be using the nightly release.

>I was planning to parallelise some of the programs in imaging pipeline, do
>i have to make use of these MPIController class or can i do it independent
>of these classes

Once you configure --with-mpi,  you can use MPI directly or you can use the
vtkMultiProcessController interface.

You can also use the ports (vtkInputPort and vtkOutputPort) initially
developed by Jim Ahrens.  These allow you to connect pipelines in different
processes.

Charles.