[vtkusers] MPI & JAVA problem

Timothy Jeffrey Perla tjp2 at geneseo.edu
Wed Jun 21 16:48:44 EDT 2000

I have managed to compile and run all the tcl examples for vtk.  I
compiled with patented,contrib,mpi,java,opengl,x,tcl,tkwidget
I can successfully compile java examples, but when I attempt to run them i
get the following error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
/crap/vtk/java/libvtkJava.so: /crap/vtk/java/libvtkJava.so: undefined
symbol: MPI_Init
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1315)
        at vtk.vtkPanel.<clinit>(vtkPanel.java:23)
        at test.main(test.java:14)

Is anyone familiar with this?  Note that I have mpich 1.2.0 installed and
java 1.2.2, and both of which have include and lib lines in the user.make.
And I have configured the classpath to find what I believe is everything
needed.