[vtkusers] GUI for VTK (was [DEMO] amira)

Sebastien BARRE seb-ml-a at barre.nom.fr
Thu Jun 15 06:55:56 EDT 2000

Hi Brian

At 13:49 14/06/00 -0400, Brian Alexander Todd a écrit:

>There seems to be a lot of interest in a VTK / wxWindows union.

Yes. I'll try to promote it :) I've just installed it, and it's way faster
than Tk.

>Some of you may be interested in
>downloading a wxVTKWindow class from
>
>http://home.cwru.edu/~bat5/wxvtk.html

Thanks. That very interesting. But I guess I'll start a GUI project with
Python, to achieve maximum portability and usability. Did you have a look
at wxPython ? There IS a wxVTKRenderWindow, and it works like a charm. Did
you compare it with your own wxVTK ?

>If anyone is willing to lead a full-fledged wxVTK project I
>would be glad to support it

Thanks. As we have noticed since the beginning of this thread, many people
have started some GUI programming. Nevertheless, I guess I'm going to start
something in python + wxPython, following the features I've described in my
first email, work a little bit on it, and when it's ready, put it on the
web, and see if someone else like it. Or not.