[vtkusers] Installation Problems on Redhat 6.2

Jason Rappleye rappleye at nexus.hwi.buffalo.edu
Tue Jun 13 16:44:26 EDT 2000

On Tue, 13 Jun 2000, Timothy Perla wrote:

> Can someone please lend me their expertise on installing vtk 3.1 on redhat
> linux 6.2.
> I have downloaded and installed tcl 8.3.1 and tk 8.3.1, as well as mesa 3.0-2
> and mesa-devel 3.0-2.  MPI is also running on the system.
> I'm fairly certain my user.make is set up correctly, but about one half hour
> into the compile I get the following message:

One of two things is probably causing this. Either libGL isn't in one of
the library paths that is in the Makefile/user.make, or that version of
Mesa stills calls the GL library libMesaGL (IIRC - it's been a while since
I've used a non-DRI version of Mesa. the one w/ the DRI X server is named
libGL). Check out the files included in the rpm and modify user.make
appropriately.

They let you use mpi at Oak Ridge? :-)

Jason

--
Jason Rappleye
Research Programmer, UB Center for Computational Research
rappleye at ccr.buffalo.edu		rappleye at hwi.buffalo.edu
http://www.ccr.buffalo.edu/jason.htm