[vtkusers] help on SLC files

Lisa Sobierajski Avila lisa.avila at kitware.com
Thu Jun 8 11:05:14 EDT 2000

Hello Arindam,

Right now you can't create an SLC file - only read one. I am considering
adding an SLC writer to VTK - but probably not for another month or so if I
do. I'd rather not because I don't want to perpetuate this file format -
the reader was added in order to bring in legacy data sets from VolVis.
Other than VolVis and VTK (and apps built on VTK like VolView) I don't
think there are any apps / libraries / toolkits out there that know about
the SLC format. If your data is a contiguous array of values (with or
without a header) you should be able to read it with a vtkImageReader.

Lisa