[vtkusers] texture combination

John Biddiscombe j.biddiscombe at rl.ac.uk
Wed Jun 7 06:17:58 EDT 2000

>   Now I've got 4 texture images of a bus taken from digital camera.
>
>   and i've reconstructed the bus object as a closed box in VTK model.
>
>   Can I generate one texture map for the box, from those 4 images?

Yes. Paste all 4 images into a single one by tiling them using paint shop
pro, or even an image filter. Generate texture coords based on the
sections. Apply Actor->SetTexture()

Very tedious and hard to get right.

OR...

Alternatively. Box has 6 sides. 6 textures from 6 images (or 4 in your
case) and 6 actors ...
Side1Actor->SetTexture(image1)
Side2Actor->SetTexture(image2)

Also very tedious.

vtk support for multiple textures is not great :)

John B