[vtkusers] Updating scene continously

Vodka Vodka vodka at hkem.com
Fri Jun 2 09:43:52 EDT 2000

I'm using vtk to display my simulation result.
I want the simulated result to be display on the screen continously. My simulation program will write data in a specific file(xxx.1, xxx.2, xxx.3) in every step of the simulation and a small vtk program is being written to display the data.

I'm using vtkPolydata for carrying the data read in.
Due to the architecture of vtk, I do know that, once the content in my vtkPolydata change and if renWin->Render() is triggered. Then the scene will be updated. But my problem is how to trigger
renWin->Render() after the "iren->Start()"???

I know think of something "Timer", "onTimer" which read in new data and trigger "iren->Start" in specific time interval. But how to set this kind of timer? Can anyone help??

Also, does anyone has another better approach to my problem??