[vtkusers] CT data

Sarah Graham sarah at cs.jhu.edu
Tue Jul 25 16:17:19 EDT 2000

I have multiple applications that render the vtk CT dataset ("quarter") of
a head, including the example program from 'the book'.  Now I am trying
to change those applications to use my own CT data.

Here are some key points:
	I converted Dicom to raw binary files. (just removed the header;
		I verified that the resulting files are valid)
	The new ct slices are 512x512 (vs 64x64 in the "quarter" dataset)
	Slice thickness is 1.5mm (same as "quarter")
In the end, all the changes I made in efforts to convert to the new
dataset were in the specs for the volume16Reader.  (Maybe I should move
the camera as well?)

When I try to render the new dataset, however, I just get a black screen.
Has anyone else been through a similar process?  Can anyone offer any
suggestions on what to try next?

Thanks,
-Sarah

Sarah Graham