[vtkusers] marching squares

Olivier Coulon o.coulon at cs.ucl.ac.uk
Tue Jul 25 07:50:12 EDT 2000

Igor DYDENKO wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm just beginning with vtk and I want to use it basically to display 2D
> images with C++.
>
> I have written a program which uses vtkStructuredPoint, then filters it
> with vtkStructuredPointsGeometryFilter, and finally displays in a
> vtkRenderWindow.
>
> However, the data is interpolated, i.e. I don't see the seperate pixels,
> rather a smoothed lines instead. For my application I need to see each
> pixel of the image.
> It seems to me that vtkMarchingSquares would allow me to dispay the image
> pixelised, rather than smoothed. Am I right?
>
> I have downloaded vtk31 from the vtk web site, but   <vtkMarchingSquares.h>
> is not there. Is this normal? Is there something else instead I could use?
>
> Thanks for you answers.

Igor,

MarchingSquares are i n the patented directory. You have to compile with the --with-patented
option.
I'm not sure it will solve your problem, though. Marching squares are for extracting
isointensity curves. If you use an vtkImageViewer instead of a normal renderer, I think you
can control the interpolation. At least there is no interpolation by default.

- olivier