[vtkusers] Bug when using VolumePro

Lisa Sobierajski Avila lisa.avila at kitware.com
Thu Jul 20 23:10:53 EDT 2000

Hello Damini,

The problem you are experiencing has nothing to do with the VolumePro
support in VTK.  It is due to an underflow (when there is not enough
precision to represent the number anymore) exception probably occurring
somewhere in the transform code. I don't know if underflows cause
exceptions on all architectures - maybe there truly is a problem in that
test and most architectures don't report underflows?

Is that the only test that you have a problem with?

Since you say that you need to use both vtkTransformPolyDataFilter and
vtkVolumeProMapper in the same application - do you know that you cannot
intermix geometry with a volume rendered with VolumePro? You can have
geometry in the same scene as long as it doesn't intersect the volume at
all. For example, a bounding box is OK since it is outside of the volume,
but a plane cutting through the volume would not be OK.

John - you can always create query a vtkVersion:

% vtkVersion v
% v GetVTKSourceVersion
vtk version 3.1.2, vtk source $Revision: 1.576 $, $Date: 2000/07/18
20:09:37 $ (GMT)

Lisa