[vtkusers] Bug when using VolumePro

ddey ddey at irus.rri.on.ca
Thu Jul 20 18:21:04 EDT 2000

Hi,

    I compiled vtk 3.1.2 official release with the VolumePro option on
SGI Visual
PC running Windows NT 4.0. The volume pro board seems to work fine with
the vtkVolumeProVG500Mapper. But the example
ThinPlateTransform.tcl crashes on me with the following enlightening
error:

The exception Floating point underflow (Ox.c0000093) occurred in the
application
at location 0x01b0cb8b.

If I take the vtkTransformPolyDataFilter step  (marked with * , see
below) out
of the pipeline, it does not crash. I need to use both
vtkTransformPolyDataFilter
and VolumePro together.

Has anyone seen/ know how to fix this bug ?

    Damini.

# ------------------------------------------------------------------
# Test the vtkThinPlateSplineTransform class
#

catch {load vtktcl}
if { [catch {set VTK_TCL $env(VTK_TCL)}] != 0} { set VTK_TCL
"../../examplesTcl" }
if { [catch {set VTK_DATA $env(VTK_DATA)}] != 0} { set VTK_DATA
"../../../vtkdata" }

# this is a tcl version of the Mace example
# get the interactor ui

source $VTK_TCL/vtkInt.tcl
source $VTK_TCL/colors.tcl

# create a sphere source and actor
#
vtkSphereSource original
    original SetThetaResolution 100
    original SetPhiResolution 100

vtkPolyDataNormals normals
    normals SetInput [original GetOutput]

vtkPoints spoints
    spoints SetNumberOfPoints 6
vtkPoints tpoints
    tpoints SetNumberOfPoints 6

spoints SetPoint 0 0 0 0
tpoints SetPoint 0 0 0 0
spoints SetPoint 1 1 0 0
tpoints SetPoint 1 1 0 0
spoints SetPoint 2 0 1 0
tpoints SetPoint 2 0 1 0
spoints SetPoint 3 1 1 1
tpoints SetPoint 3 1 1 0.5
spoints SetPoint 4 -1 1 2
tpoints SetPoint 4 -1 1 3
spoints SetPoint 5 0.5 0.5 2
tpoints SetPoint 5 0.5 0.5 1

vtkThinPlateSplineTransform trans
    trans SetSourceLandmarks spoints
    trans SetTargetLandmarks tpoints

# yeah, this is silly -- improves code coverage though
vtkGeneralTransformConcatenation transconcat
    transconcat Concatenate trans
    transconcat Concatenate [trans GetInverse]
    transconcat Concatenate trans

 vtkTransformPolyDataFilter warp
   warp SetInput [original GetOutput]
    warp SetTransform transconcat

vtkPolyDataMapper mapper

#****************************
# take warp out of the pipeline
#****************************
#mapper SetInput [warp GetOutput]

     mapper SetInput [original GetOutput]

vtkProperty backProp
    eval backProp SetDiffuseColor $tomato
vtkActor actor
    actor SetMapper mapper
    eval [actor GetProperty] SetColor $peacock
    actor SetBackfaceProperty backProp

# Create the RenderWindow, Renderer and both Actors
#
vtkRenderer ren1
vtkRenderWindow renWin
    renWin AddRenderer ren1
    renWin SetSize 100 250
vtkRenderWindowInteractor iren
    iren SetRenderWindow renWin

# Add the actors to the renderer, set the background and size
#
ren1 AddActor actor
ren1 SetBackground 1 1 1
renWin SetSize 200 300

# render the image
#
iren SetUserMethod {wm deiconify .vtkInteract}
iren Initialize

set cam1 [ren1 GetActiveCamera]
$cam1 SetClippingRange 1.87 3.9
$cam1 SetFocalPoint 0 0 0.254605
$cam1 SetPosition 0.571764 2.8232 0.537528
$cam1 ComputeViewPlaneNormal
$cam1 SetViewUp 0.5188 -0.0194195 -0.854674
renWin Render

renWin SetFileName "thinPlateTransform.tcl.ppm"
#renWin SaveImageAsPPM

# prevent the tk window from showing up then start the event loop
wm withdraw .