[vtkusers] matrix manipulation

David Gauldie dgauldie at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 14 10:17:37 EDT 2000

Hello all,

I'm tracking a target with a 3D camera. I'm collecting a series of
vtkMatrix4x4's at different time points. From these I want to find their
position (easy enough) and it's orientation vector (i.e. if the target is
represented by a cone, which way is the tip of the cone pointing).

I tried using the vtkTransform->GetOrientation() function, but it wasn't
giving me the results that I am looking for, and actually I'm not sure what
it's supposed to be giving me.

If anyone can tell me how to go about doing this, or tell me if there is a
better way of doing this, I would really appreciate it.

thanks,

David Gauldie