[vtkusers] Compiling VTK with optimization flags.

Matthieu Ferrant ferrant at tele.ucl.ac.be
Fri Jul 14 09:53:18 EDT 2000

Hi,

I had already posted this message previously, but I didn't get an answer.

I just would like to know if it is possible to compile vtk with
optimization flags. I tried using -fast -xO4 on a SUN ultra 10, but at
run-time most applications were running a little crazy (executing several
times, never getting out of loops, ...). I believe several algorithms could
be running much faster ...

Is it possible to use optimization flags with vtk ? Up to what level ? Have
the kitware folks any advice on this ?

Thanks very much in advance !

matt

--
M.Ferrant - Ph.D. Student
UCL/TELE Room A-157 Place du Levant, 2 B-1348LLN - Belgium