[vtkusers] Render without light - newbie question

Mahmoud Badreddine mbadredd at julian.uwo.ca
Mon Jul 10 11:50:14 EDT 2000

On Mon, 10 Jul 2000, Randy Heiland wrote:

> On Jul 10,  4:11pm, Bernhard Hombitzer wrote:
> > Subject: [vtkusers] Render without light - newbie question
> > Hi there,
> >
> > is there any possibility, to render without taking any lights into the
> > scene. I need to see the mesh without any shadows or specular light.
> >
> > thanks in advance
> >    Berni
>
> Something like this should do what you want I think:
>
> actor->GetProperty()->SetDiffuse(0.0)
> actor->GetProperty()->SetAmbient(1.0)

I am displaying a mesh in complete utter darkness.
I didn't worry about it at all .

After my vtkRenderer was added to the vtkRenderWindow

the only commands that followed were:

renderer->AddActor(mesh);
renderer->SetBackground(0,0,0); // or any other background color

that did it really....

> --Randy

--Mahmoud Badreddine
--------------------------------
 #34-548 Platt's Lane
 London Ontario
 N6G 3A9 Canada
 (519) 679 0165
 http://publish.uwo.ca/~mbadredd
"quote of the month"

"An old saying is that `Drink is the curse of the working classes'. Oscar
Wilde improved that to `Work is the curse of the drinking classes'. I say
that `Recursing is the work of the thinking classes'."  --David Jeffrey.

(quote taken from Dr. Rob Corless' Web page: www.apmaths.uwo.ca/~rcorless)
mt