[vtkusers] Mesh Generation...

Mahmoud Badreddine mbadredd at julian.uwo.ca
Thu Jul 6 09:22:59 EDT 2000

My question is simple, but my knowledge of vtk is very primitive.

I am trying to visualize a 3D dataSet. I don't want it with the surface
contour as I have done that already but rather, I would like to see my
control points   connected together with lines or another way to
describe it is I want the control points to form the vertices a given cell
and have all these cells connected together to give the oultine of the
volume in question.

I tried the examples that built a box out of vertices, but the catch was
to give it the order in which you want to connect those vertices. I don't
have that luxury with my dataSet . Is there some sort of a command that
can figure out neighbouring vertices and connect them together.

Thanks in advance.

--Mahmoud Badreddine
--------------------------------
 #34-548 Platt's Lane
 London Ontario
 N6G 3A9 Canada
 (519) 679 0165
 http://publish.uwo.ca/~mbadredd
"quote of the month"

"An old saying is that `Drink is the curse of the working classes'. Oscar
Wilde improved that to `Work is the curse of the drinking classes'. I say
that `Recursing is the work of the thinking classes'."  --David Jeffrey.

(quote taken from Dr. Rob Corless' Web page: www.apmaths.uwo.ca/~rcorless)
mt