[vtkusers] vtkReslice

amit saxena amits at wiproge.med.ge.com
Sat Jul 22 21:16:49 EDT 2000

Hi,

   I have a 3D dataset (extent 0-512,0-512,0-20) which I had shrunk
usink vtkShrink3D. I got the extent as 0-63, 0-63, 0-8 as per my
expectaions. But when I passed the data to imageResliceFilter,it just
made the extent bigger to 0-504,0-504,0-18.This happens even if I have
no transform function set for ImageReslice. Can anybody please help me
why this is happening and how to solve this. My code looks something
like this :

Function(vtkImageData *data) {
    vtkReslice *reslice = vtkReslice::New();
   reslice->SetInput(data);

   vtkImageViewer *viewer = vtkImageViewer::New();
   viewer->setInput(reslice->GetOutput());
   viewer->Render();
}

when I give data as the input to viewer I get the right result , but
with reslice the size is bigger.

Amit