New spherebench problem ( was RE: [vtkusers] Sphere Benchmark run s, but renders black window half way through

Volpe, Christopher R (CRD) volpecr at crd.ge.com
Thu Jul 27 11:48:54 EDT 2000

Followup on my earlier problem:

I have not been able to reproduce this disappearing act since I initially reported it. However, I am
still experiencing another problem (again, only with the sphere benchmark test, and which I didn't
mention previously), which is random jittering of the sphere to the left and to the right during each
test. That is, the sphere not only spins around the way it's supposed to, but it also translates
within the window. This seems to happen only when the test is running, and not while interacting in
the render window with the mouse. If I experienced this problem elsewhere, I'd figure it was a driver
problem or some other configuration problem solely on my end. But it only seems to happen in
sphere-bench. Even treemark (which appears to really push the limits on polygons and lights), runs
beautifully.

So, has *anyone* seen this kind of sphere jittering in spherebench?

thanks,
Chris