[vtkusers] Problems linking with OpenGL on SUN ultra 2

Lisa Sobierajski Avila lisa.avila at kitware.com
Thu Jul 13 13:33:43 EDT 2000

Hi Donald,

VTK can be build on top of different graphics libraries-  now there is only
OpenGL and Mesa, but in the past there was XGL, gl, and Starbase as well.
The menas that vtkOpenGL*.cxx is not built by default - only if OpenGL is
found.  I still think there is a configuration problem - did you run
configure before you installed OpenGL? Maybe you need to remove your
config.cache and reconfigure? You should not have to add flags by hand -
you are not likely to produce the correct results that way.

Lisa