How to achieve proper gouraud-shading?

Mirco Müller mirco at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Jan 20 11:14:29 EST 2000

Greetings vtk-users!

    I wonder how to "persuade" :) vtk 2.3 to render several iso-surfaces
I generate utilising gouraud-shading. This is the way the data flows:

    reader -> contour-filter -> mapper -> actor

Before I add the actors to the renderer, I customize their appearance
with:

    actor->GetProperty()->SetInterpolationToGouraud()

    But at the time they are displayed I can still see the facetted
surface of the geometries in question. There seems to be something
missing in my pipeline. I already tried ComputeNormalsOn() for the
contour-filter, but this did not help it.

Thanks in advance for your time and kind advice!

Best regards...

Mirco