coordinates of vertices defining VTK polygon

mcfarq at ncar.ucar.edu mcfarq at ncar.ucar.edu
Tue Jan 11 15:47:27 EST 2000

Hello,

        I am a new user to VTK and am trying to figure out if I
can do the following manipulations in VTK:

        I wish to produce an assemblage of 5-sided cylinders or
other like objects in VTK (e.g., aggregate of n cylinders).  I know
that I can easily produce code to visualize these objects, but what
I need is to obtain the coordinates of all the crystal edges, the
actual coordinates of the vertices defining a VTK polygon (i.e., in
a file that I can use in another program).  I need these coordinates
to use in another code that simulates reflection and transmission
processes of light rays through ice crystals.

        Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Best regards,

Greg McFarquhar
Boulder, CO
mcfarq at ncar.ucar.edu