Hi All!

Martijn de Boer m.deboer at ti.uni-mannheim.de
Sat Feb 26 05:49:21 EST 2000

Dear Maneesh,

I put the libraries with a link into my site-packages dir.
On my machine this looks like:
martijn:~ > ls -l /usr/local/lib/python1.5/site-packages/

lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root           36 Feb 25 11:48
libVTKCommonPython.so -> /usr/local/lib/libVTKCommonPython.so
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root           38 Feb 25 11:48
libVTKGraphicsPython.so -> /usr/local/lib/libVTKGraphicsPython.so
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root           37 Feb 25 11:48
libVTKImagingPython.so -> /usr/local/lib/libVTKImagingPython.so
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root           38 Feb 25 11:48
libVTKPatentedPython.so -> /usr/local/lib/libVTKPatentedPython.so
-rw-r--r--   1 root     root           27 Feb 25 11:48 vtkpython.pth

the file vtkpython.pth contains the path to the python files for vtk:
 more /usr/local/lib/python1.5/site-packages/vtkpython.pth

/usr/local/lib/vtk/python

This configuration works fine,
however be sure to have TKinter compiled with your python distribution,
otherwhise many examples won't work!
Martijn