How to Showing 3 things in a VTK window

Cosine Cheng acosine at taiwan.com
Fri Feb 25 14:25:58 EST 2000

Hi:

  I wrote a VTK script that can change the color

of a cube in the window. Then I start to think

that how to put several things in ONE window but still have

the control to each object.

  Say, I put a cube, a sphere, and a rectangular in one window.

Then I can change the color INDIVIDUALLY for the cube, the sphere,

and the rectangular to Red, Green, or Blue color.

  How can I do that?

Below is my VTK script.

# ui2.tcl
catch {load vtktcl}
source E:/WIN32APP/vtk24/examples/vtkInt.tcl

vtkRenderer ren
vtkRenderWindow renWin
    renWin AddRenderer ren
vtkRenderWindowInteractor iren
    iren SetRenderWindow renWin

vtkCubeSource cube

vtkPolyDataMapper cubeMapper
   cubeMapper SetInput [cube GetOutput]

vtkActor cubeActor
   cubeActor SetMapper cubeMapper
   [cubeActor GetProperty] SetColor 1 0 0

# these three functions are called by the buttons
proc setR {} {
   [cubeActor GetProperty] SetColor 1 0 0
   renWin Render
}
proc setG {} {
   [cubeActor GetProperty] SetColor 0 1 0
   renWin Render
}
proc setB {} {
   [cubeActor GetProperty] SetColor 0 0 1
   renWin Render
}

frame .f
button .f.bR -text "red" -command setR
button .f.bG -text "green" -command setG
button .f.bB -text "blue" -command setB
pack .f .f.bR .f.bG .f.bB

ren AddActor cubeActor
renWin Render