inside/outside decision problem

Jens Glagau glagau at cs.tu-berlin.de
Thu Feb 17 19:26:15 EST 2000

Dear vtkusers,

i want to decide wether a polygon A is inside or outside of a given
surface. Polygon A is connected with the surface with at least one edge
(at polygon B, which is of course part of the surface). All points of
polygon A are either outside of the surface or on the surface.

The points of polygons are known, therefore especially the normal of
polygon B and i know the point-ids which are in both polygons.

Of course, this is a mathematical question and not one related directly to
vtk, but i hope somebody sends me an answer. If my text is insufficent or
unprecise, please tell me.

Thanks in advance

 Jens