vtkCellLocator

Ahmet Inci inci at fh-aargau.ch
Tue Feb 22 10:00:28 EST 2000

I work with vtkCellLocator. My Programm worked well under vtk 2.4 in
linux but I have problems under vtk 3.0 beta version december 1999.

The Code is:

vtkPolyData     *data = vtkPolyData::New();
vtkCellLocator  *Locator = vtkCellLocator::New();
int result,subid,cellid;
float t,tol;
float punkt0[3],epunkt[3],pccords[3],sp[3];
Locator->SetDataSet(data);
Locator->BuildLocator();
result =
Locator->IntersectWithLine(punkt0,epunkt,tol,t,sp,pcoords,subid,cellid);

if ( result == 0) {

 // there doesn't exist a cell between punkt0 and epunkt

}
else {

// ther exist a cell between punkt0 and epunkt

}

In vtk 2.4 if there doesn't exist a cell then the result was zero. But
in vtk 3.0 the result is always zero.

How can I find out in vtk 3.0 if there exist a cell between two points ?

Thanks

inci
"info vtkusers" to the same address.