[vtkusers] Newbie Java question (yet another)

Johnson, G (Greg) G.Johnson at rl.ac.uk
Wed Dec 20 07:21:23 EST 2000

Hmm.  I guessed that maybe vtkPanel should be in vtk.jar and wasn't so I
stuffed it in and BINGO it compiles.  However, I get a new error when trying
to run the code:

D:\Program\vtk31\java>java sphere
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: VTKInit
        at vtk.vtkObject.<init>(vtkObject.java:77)
        at sphere.<init>(sphere.java:28)
        at sphere.main(sphere.java:86)

I am guessing that VTKInit is a startup routine in the vtkJava.dll - right?
Any clues on how to fix this one?

Cheers,
greg

Greg Johnson, Design Engineer
CLRC Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, Chilton, UK
g.johnson at rl.ac.uk -- www.clrc.ac.uk