[vtkusers] Question about vtkRenderWindowInteractor

Joey Mukherjee joey at phobos.space.swri.edu
Tue Dec 12 18:29:05 EST 2000

>I would like to manipulate an image on screen (mainly rotate) using
>vtkRenderWindowInteractor and then after manipulation save the image to
>a file. For that purpose I do the following
>The problem is that after I interact with the image to make it look the
>way I want it and proceed to type "q" to get out of the interaction
>mode, the program terminates without writing the image to file. Needless
>to say that if I put the commands for writing the image to file before
>iren->Start() it works but I get the image as it was prior to my
>interactions with it. So what I am doing wrong!!!

I don't think you can do it the way you want.  What you must do instead is have
a callback defined for the "u" key, or user defined callback which then saves
the image.  If your program offers a GUI, have a routine that does the
SAVEIMAGE.  That's what we do...

Joey

+     Joey Mukherjee                                                       +
+      joey at swri.org                      "I intend to live forever,       +
+  http://www.space.swri.edu/~joey        so far, so good...               +