[vtkusers] retrieving Normal of selected cell or point on a mesh

Chris Tsui chris at traxtal.com
Tue Dec 12 12:26:20 EST 2000

Hello Sebastien and all VTK users,

Thanks for your help, Sebastien, I am able to "draw" lines or loops on
the surface of my mesh.. :)

I was satisfied with the staircasing lines between 2 pre-selected
points...  but not any more.. so my questions are :

1) is there any way to plot the shortest distance between 2 points while
the line remained lying on the surface of the mesh or just to get rid of
the staircasing?  I don't really want the polyline going along the
boundaries of the triangles... instead I'd like it to cut through those
triangles in order to get the shortest distance..

2)  how can I find the normal of a single selected point or cell??  and
if that's possible to get all the normals along the shortest path
between 2 points?

Thanks for your help !!

Chris