[vtkusers] thresholding question

Tao-Pak Chris Tsui tsuitp at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 5 23:23:39 EST 2000

Greetings!

I am looking at "threshold.tcl" as an example for my
application..  it works fine if the dataset I have is
not large..  what I have is about 100mb of CT data..
it's just too slow to read the entire 100mb of data
into memory (indeed seems impossible for my 128mb RAM)
each time when I alter the threshold value...

is there any way to solve this problem?  is there
something like vtkMCubesReader to read 4 slices at a
time?  (vtkMCubesReader is giving polydata but
vtkThreshold is expecting some scalar values as
input.. )

the data I really want to extract is some tiny steel
balls which has been implemented into a skull..  these
balls appear to be much brighter from the CT slices.

is there any way to extract these tiny balls?  Thanks
so much!!

Chris