[vtkusers] Expert3D Graphics Card

Jorrit Schaap jorrit at lkeb.azl.nl
Mon Dec 4 11:10:03 EST 2000

Hi Erik,

This sounds very familiar, except that I'm using Window (2k and NT) and a
GeForce card. (the problem also appeard on a SGI320 and Viper 550).

I have ONE vtkImageData object which is input for ONE vtkTexture.
This texture is applied to MULTIPLE vtkActors, which are connected to
MULTIPLE vtkRenderers in MULTIPLE vtkRenderWindows.

I've tried tracking down the problem, but it's way down somewhere in the
code, and I couldn't realy find it.

I think that the fact that the problem does NOT appear when you use Mesa is
a very good starting point for tracking down the problem. We just have to
look for the differences between the Mesa and OpenGL implementations of the
vtkTexture, vtkRenderer and vtkRenderWindow classes.

I have posted this problem to the list before, but the bug was never
found/fixed. For me it is difficult repreodicing this fenomenon, because a
lot of my code is part of a commerial package, so I cant give you a simple
programm demonstrating this fenomenon.

I hope you have a piece of code that you can post on this list, which
reproduces the problem, so I and the Kitware folks can have a look at it,
and hopefully find the problem.

Best regards,
Jorrit

--