[vtkusers] OT: PC graphics cards with alpha blending

jnorris at uiuc.edu jnorris at uiuc.edu
Wed Aug 30 17:57:07 EDT 2000

Hello all,

I hoping someone here can recommend a PC card that handles alpha blending
well.  By way of comparison, the Sun workstations I've used (with both Elite3D
and Creator3D graphics controllers) don't seem to do alpha blending at all
unless I disable the hardware acceleration (e.g. by rendering offscreen).  The
same is true for my 3dfx Voodoo 3000 with Xi Graphics' accelerated X server
and OpenGL implementation.  Hardware-accelerated alpha blending would be nice,
but correctness is much more important.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
John
--
John Norris
Center for Simulation of Advanced Rockets
jnorris at uiuc.edu
http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/jnorris